The Trudeau Institute Microscopy and Imaging Core offers advanced histology, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, and imaging capabilities. These powerful techniques for observing and quantifying molecular, cellular and physiologic processes in situ provide valuable information about disease processes and the validity of new therapeutics. Our Imaging Core Facility scientists have expertise in difficult-to-process tissues (like the lungs) and complex staining of rare antigen-specific cell populations. Services can include full performance of protocols, as well as development of new techniques and protocols.
Our Microscopy and Imaging Core offers the following services:
- Processing tissues for paraffin and cryosectioning
- Routine and specialty staining of tissue sections
- 5-color immunofluorescence with laser scanning confocal microscopy and imaging
- Standard and specialized histology with high-resolution imaging
- Wide-field imaging in both bright-field and fluorescence
- Immunohistochemistry for pathogen, epithelial cell and immune cell markers
For more information, please contact:
William Reiley, Ph.D.
Senior CRO Program Manager
(518) 891-3080, ext. 315